Our Scholarship Philosophy
The 2020 scholarship application period will open from 16 October to 31 December 2019.
Qasid believes in providing scholarship opportunities for deserving students in recognition of their achievement and as an incentive for all those studying the Arabic language to excel. This investment in language education also serves to advance the field of Arabic language studies while enriching the campus atmosphere with diversity, talent, and academic excellence.
For those interested in applying now, please review the scholarship policies provided below.
For any other information on the scholarship itself or the application process, please contact the Qasid Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Scholarship availability is announced annually in the month of October.
2. Two separate tuition scholarships are offered each year:
- A 1 quarter scholarship, currently valued at $2645, which must be used for either the summer or fall terms of the calendar year following the year of application.
- Up to 5 quarters, full program scholarship, currently valued at up to $13225, requiring a commitment to attend up to 5 academic terms consecutively (total number of terms will depend upon a student’s entry level), which must begin in either the summer or fall terms of the calendar year following the year of application.
A student with a full program scholarship who leaves Qasid before all five levels are completed will forfeit the remainder of their scholarship. Scholarships are non transferable to later terms. Students may apply for both scholarships simultaneously, although no individual student will be awarded both scholarships for a given year.
3. Scholarship applications and all supporting materials must be received within the application period dates for the application year. The required materials include:
- A completed, online application form
- A current resume|curriculum vitae
- An academic transcript, if you have recently attended an educational institute
- Writing sample: A statement from the applicant as to why they feel they should be selected for the scholarship (no more than 500 words)
- Two letters of recommendation
- All the above to be submitted via Qasid Portal
4. Applicants must have a minimum of one year of college level Arabic and|or its equivalent in order to be considered for the scholarship.
5. Scholarship awards will be announced no later than 15 February of the calendar year following the application year. And they must be confirmed by the recipient two weeks after the award announcement.
6. Scholarships only apply to tuition costs for Levels 1 through 5 of the Core Program (MSA or Classical Arabic) courses. This therefore excludes:
- Supplementary classes
- Private tutoring sessions
- Credit and transcript fees
- Off campus excursions
7. Full program scholarship recipients must earn a minimum grade average of 80% and have no more than 4 unexcused absences in each academic term in order to maintain their eligibility for the scholarship into subsequent terms. Qasid reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship at any time if the conditions of the scholarship or Qasid’s Student Policies are violated.
For additional information about the scholarship or the application process, you may contact the Qasid Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.
The schedule for 2020 scholarship recipients to begin their attendance with Qasid are:
- The Summer session, from 18 June to 17 August.
- The Fall session, from 06 September to 03 December.
Applications for 2020 is now open
Applications can be submitted by following the instructions below.
The 2020 scholarship application period will open from 16 October to 31 December 2019, due by 5:00 pm Amman time.
Note that by applying for the scholarship using the process below, you can also apply to be considered for Qasid’s regular program. If you have recently applied to Qasid, or are currently enrolled, you only need to complete the scholarship application form.
- Sign up for an account at Qasid Portal (or login to your existing account)
- Complete all the steps of the application process (Select “Yes” in the Apply for scholarship option in the preliminary questions – please note that this function will NOT be available until the opening date of the application)
- You should see an “Application Complete” screen on your portal application page when finished.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the process. If you run into technical issues, contact email@example.com.