How We Safeguard Your Rights
Why Your Privacy Is Important to Us:
Personal Information We Collect:
- As a general policy, no personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, or e-mail address, is automatically collected from your visit to the Sites.
- Certain non-personal information is recorded, such as the type of browser being used, operating system, your IP address, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. These are gathered to enhance your online experience such as faster page loading speeds.
- Additionally, as you browse the Sites, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Sites, and information about how you interact with the Sites. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping purposes. They will often include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies make using our Sites easier by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you. These cookies are restricted for use only on our Sites, and do not transfer any personal information to any other party. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can, however, reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please consult the technical information relevant to your browser for instructions. If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, some parts of the Site may not function properly or may be considerably slower. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Sites, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Sites.
- Additionally when you make or attempt to make a purchase through the Sites or opt-in to our various mailing lists, email newsletters, downloads, special offers, registration forms, surveys, membership areas, and the like, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or PayPal account name), email address, and phone number. Please note that we do NOT store any credit card information it may receive in regard to a specific transaction and/or billing arrangement except as necessary to complete and satisfy our rights and obligations with regard to such transaction, billing arrangement, and/or as otherwise authorized by a user of our Sites. We refer to the information detailed above as “Order Information.”
- If you choose to correspond with us through email, SMS or digital messenger (“Electronic Communications”), we may retain the content of your messages together with your email address, phone number or user name and our responses. We provide the same protections for these Electronic Communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, mail, and telephone. This also applies when you register for our website, sign up through any of our forms using your email address or make a purchase on these Sites. For further information see the email policies below.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Sites (including processing your payment information and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information relating to our full suite of educational products or services.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Sites (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Sites, and to assess the success of our outreach campaigns).
- Information submitted at the time of submission will be used by the Company only as necessary for our legitimate business interests, including without limitation the improvement of our products, services and the contents of the Sites.
- Bulletin Boards, Chat Areas, Disqus Comment Areas: Guests, members, and customers of the Sites are solely responsible for the content of messages they post on the Sites’ forums, such as chat rooms, bulletin boards, Disqus comments section, and other areas where comments are made. Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, e-mail address, phone number) in these areas, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other people. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features.
Email Policies and Your Choice to Opt-out
- We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and will not disclose your email address to any third parties except as specified in the section titled Sharing Your Information.
- We will maintain the information you send via email in accordance with applicable laws.
- In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all emails sent from our organization will clearly state who the email is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, each and every email will contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
- Specifically, each and every email provides you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of each email.
- If you are unsuccessful in completing the instructions specified in any such communication, please e-mail us at email@example.com including a copy of the undesired email attached to the request, and state your wish to be removed from the mailing list.
Limitations on Sharing Your Information
- Personally identifiable information is never sold or leased to any third parties.
- We share your Personal Information on a limited basis with third parties only to the extent that it helps us serve you as a free member of our online community and / or as a paid customer, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Sites--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- The Company may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with the Company’s rights or property, other users of the Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Transfer of Information Across National Borders: Our Sites and various information we collect are operated on servers located in various jurisdictions, including the United States. When you access or use the Sites and/or our services, personal information about you may be transferred outside the country in which you are situated to these other locations. The Company’s policies ensure that such personal information is protected to the same standard when processed by any Company entity or office around the world.
- As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
- You can opt out of targeted advertising by following the instructions on each of the following pages:
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
How We Secure and Protect Your Data
- Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to attempt to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and improper use.
- We also protect your personally identifiable information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- We continually review all such measures and update them when appropriate.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit via the internet. By transmitting any such information to Company, you accept that you do so at your own risk.
- Neither the Company nor the Sites knowingly permit the use of malware, spyware, viruses, and/or other similar types of software.
- Do Not Track: Please note that we do not alter our Sites’ data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Your GDPR Rights:
If you are a resident in the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Those rights include:
- The right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- The right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- The right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time
- The right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted.
- If you have any concerns or would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights:
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request from companies conducting business in California a list of third parties to which the company has disclosed personally identifiable information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes.
- Company has not and will not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes; accordingly, it will not maintain such a list of third parties.
- If you are a resident of California and want additional information confirming how Company does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may contact us at email@example.com with the words “California Privacy” in the subject line of your email.
- When you place an order or opt-in through the Sites, we will maintain your Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
- At any time, but only once per calendar year, or as otherwise required under applicable law, users may contact Company to review the personally identifiable information that Company has collected about you. If you discover any errors, please notify Company and the information will be corrected. To review the personally identifiable information that company has collected about you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Personal Information Review Request.”
- Users may also request that Company delete a user account(s) or, if you have not established a user account, your email address, and any related data at any time. If you wish to delete your user account(s), please email us at email@example.com with the words “Delete Account” in the subject line. If you do not have a user account and wish to delete your email address or other personally identifiable information that you might have provided through your use of the Site and/or any Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Delete My Information” in the subject line.
- If you are less than 18 years, we request that you not use the Sites, as the Sites are not intended for individuals under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on these Sites or on or through any of their features, do not register on the Sites, do not make any purchases through the Sites, do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of these Sites, and do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone under 18, please contact us at email@example.com
Your Acceptance of These Terms:
- If you do not agree to this policy, we request that you not use the Site.
- For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have any questions or concerns, we welcome and encourage you to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, you can contact us by mail at the following address:
- Qasid Arabic Institute
- 23 Queen Rania Street
- Amman, 11196